Sunday, September 16, 2012

Large Painting = Lots of Time

Trio
Acrylic on Canvas
24"x30"
Finally got this large piece finished... it's the largest thing I've done in a long time, even if it's still not huge. It's just big enough to hang over my piano without looking lost. Thought I was done a couple times... then I'd catch a glimpse of it while I was walking past and see something else that bothered me. Two weeks later.... now I remember why I don't usually paint any larger that 16x20. Apart from the fact that it took every second of my painting time for two solid weeks, it also made it difficult to move around in my very tiny studio. I had to clear the easel and the space around it, and I still really couldn't get back far enough to get a good look. I think if I am going to do more large pieces, which I'd like to, I'm going to have to do a little rearranging in there. And maybe keep the door closed, because every time I turned around I was tripping over a dog.

3 comments:

  1. It looks really good, Marianne. Sometimes I think I ought to work larger, but I struggle enough with storage of all my photos (I should have a giant "fire" sale, perhaps). I always love your colours..so intense. They pull me in...especially that intense deep red hue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this to bits! I wish I was there to see the entire series in person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Fantastic! And very inspiring - I have a large canvas waiting for me to do something with it... some day.

    ReplyDelete