Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Boxed In: Project Entry Part 6

 
Canvas 1 continuing. Photo taken with my phone, and therefore not colour accurate. 
This weekend was a little nuts. I haven't had time to do much since my last entry... but since I said I was going to post, I'm going to post. 

My mom is going to be moving soon. It's a huge job, packing up that house.... and now that she's on her own it's a bit overwhelming. My husband and I went out there on the weekend to help get things sorted. Her moving date is approaching quickly, and packing is slow and difficult when you're mobility isn't the greatest. Two days and we made a lot of progress. Still not quite there, but definitely got a good chunk of it done. She does have other help... I am the youngest of 4 kids, so she's not alone, but it's a trek for all of us. I for one will be happy when she's closer.

As for this painting...
I've obliterated that awkward block in the middle. The shape is bigger now... not sure it's necessarily better, but at least it isn't smack dab in the middle of the canvas. I lightened up that curved shape on the left. It was kind of a mid-tone grey... I decided it had to be either light or dark and light felt better to me. I got rid of the pointy, arrow-like line. I also changed that shape on the bottom... it felt like it was too much the same size as the shape at the top, so I made it a bit smaller. Again, not sure it's necessarily better, but it's different. That area on the right I haven't dealt with yet. I still don't know what to do with it.

That's all I've got right now. So here's a cute picture of my dog.
Because dogs. 



No comments:

Post a Comment